Thursday, January 1, 2009

Start of a Blog

Amazingly enough, it's true, a blog can start in about 10 minutes. Of course, given how I do things, it starts months before, thinking about it, getting around to it, imagining it, and doing something else in the meantime. But now, over a holiday season in 2008, because of judicious planning and some luck, I actually got everything done that I had scheduled myself to do, in time for the Rose Bowl. So here I sit, earphones on and listening to Buddy Holly, waiting for dinner in a little time, watching USC win again (much to Ann's chagrin, because after all, that's where her brother went to school), and generally feeling good.

So, blog, here you go. My aim is for 10 people (including me, so I guess it's already down to 9) to read it. Set achievable goals!

Topics - what I think about and know something about. Politics, health care, thought, not popular culture but our sociological culture, maybe even pediatrics. BGut what I reallyh like to do is to predict and see the prediction come true. Like, when I called the general election for Obama a few days before the Iowa caucuses, on the basis that I woke up one morning and thought that people were ready to turn the page, and Hillary wasn't turning the page.

Budd Shenkin

No comments:

Post a Comment